Friday, June 15, 2012

Not Cut Out For This

(AN EDUCATIONAL FAMILY MOMENT)

Monique said, "Zac, I know people who have adopted kids and THEN got pregnant. It's not unheard of."
Both our sons (ages 13 and 12) are adopted.
I said, "Right... And you and Jon getting a brother or sister in that way just ain't gonna happen. Do you know why?"
Zac replied, "I don't wanna hear this."
Monique said, "There's one reason."
I replied, "One? There's two."
"Well, one major reason."
"Which one do you think is the major reason?"
Zac deadpanned again, "I really don't want to hear this."
Monique said, "Well, the second reason is maybe I can't get pregnant (menopause). Tell Zac the major reason."
"I really don't want to hear this."
I said, "Mom's right. I had a vasectomy. That's the major reason. I'm pretty sure I've told you that quite a few times before."
Zac slowly shook his head back and forth, "I didn't need to know that."
"And do you know what would happen IF Mom got pregnant?"
"Please stop."
"Once Mom gave birth to the kid, I'd put it up for adoption."
Monique laughed, "That would be ironic."
Zac turned the volume up on his headset.

No comments:

Post a Comment