Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dino-Might!!!

(RECAP OF 8TH-GRADER WASHINGTON DC TRIP) APRIL 20, 11:30AM
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY

Besides a little kid accidentally headbutting me in the balls while I was strolling around the Jurrasic Period Exhibit, another interesting event occurred. I wondered about what kind of people visit this place? It was hoppin'. Practically elbow-to-elbow in some places.
 
The National Museum of Natural History is an outstanding institution celebrating science and discovery. Over 3.5 million people per year tour it. With those kind of numbers, some of the visitors must be Fundamentalist Christians and have got to be thinking the Jurrasic Period (which spanned between 205 million to 135 million years ago) Exhibit is a big ruse; a scientific conspiracy of massive fucking proportions supporting evolution.
 
Despite my groin hurting, I smiled. From that point on while I was in the museum, occasionally, I looked around at the other people and also entertained myself by quietly trying to guess which of the visitors might be batshit or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment