Monday, November 19, 2012

Hard To Digest

(AND YET, ANOTHER FATHER-&-SON MOMENT) 
While Jon and I were driving towards home, I held up the banana peel, started bobbing it up and down on the steering wheel and said, "Hey... Look, Jon. A banana spider."
Jon replied, "Dad, did you know there's such a thing as a Banana Spider?" 
"Really?"
"Yeah. They're really poisonous. The female spider crawls into a banana..."
"STOP! Stop right the fuck there. I don't want to hear it."
"No, Dad, it's interesting. The female spider..."
"STOP!!"
"... it crawls into the banana and lays its..."
"STOP, DAMN IT!"
"... its eggs."
"Thanks a friggin' lot, Jon. Now I'm gonna be freakin' out every time I bite into a banana."
"The eggs hatch while being transported to market and when a person peels the banana the baby spiders come out and bite you."
"Jesus Christ, Jon, I didn't need to hear that."
"The poison is really painful and it takes like two hours before you die."
"It's talks like this that make me regret adopting you guys."

No comments:

Post a Comment