Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Work Hard Play Hard

While driving my 13-year-old son, Zac, to soccer practice at 7:30AM, he plugged his iPhone into the car's music portal and said, "Ah, Dad, ya gotta hear this new song I just found."

The singer was some guy named Wiz Khalifa. I had to admit the song was a catchy tune. The radio was cranked up and our car windows happened to be down. It was your typical, beautiful, late Summer, New England morning; the sun was out, the birds were chirping. It was the next best thing to heaven. A few downtown Gorham residents, who were putting out their trash, jogging or on a pleasant morning walk, got to hear some of the following lyrics as we drove by:

"Diamonds all on my brain, nigga
Gold watches, gold chain, nigga
Hundred thou’ on champagne, nigga
Yeah, my money insane, nigga
Yeah, I’m making it rain, nigga
When I was just on a plane, nigga
Buying gear, flying here
Fuck what you heard, its my time of year..."

 
While the song kept playing, I deadpanned, "This isn't new, Zac. I heard this song on Sesame Street."

No comments:

Post a Comment